Year 7 2022 Information
Thank you for choosing Joseph Banks Secondary College for your child’s secondary education. Joseph Banks Secondary College is an innovative learning environment where our aim is to support every student to achieve their best.
Here is information that you will need to know in preparing your child for the start of secondary schooling, including
- Orientation Day Information, Program and Consent Form – Due Tuesday 9 November 2021
- Transition Information
- Uniform Information
- Zulu Desk Information and Middle School Bring Your Own Designated Device Program (Important dates and drop off times for configuration)
- Student 3rd Party Software Permission Form
- Instrumental and Vocal Tuition Guide – Due Monday 29th November 2021
- College Cafe
- Parent and Citizen Association Flyer
- Connecting with the College
Please find key dates below, including some of our College events. You can click on some of these events or dates for more information.
- Monday 31st January 2022 – School commences for all students
- Tuesday 8th February 2022 – Year 7 School Photos
- Tuesday 15th February 2022 – Year 7 Family Engagement and Welcome Evening (Explorer and Voyager Community)
- Wednesday 16th February 2022 – Year 7 Family Engagement and Welcome Evening (Challenger and Endeavour Community)
- Friday 25th February 2022 – Year 7 Team Building Day
- Friday 1st April 2022 – College Open Day
- Wednesday 1st June 2022 & Thursday 2nd June 2022 – Year 7 Immunisations
- Wednesday 29th June 2022 – Parent Interview Day
Booklists will be provided to families on December 1st 2021.
Joseph Banks Secondary College is a busy secondary school with over 1550 students. This means that road safety is paramount and sometimes parking can be challenging. Parent parking for the Orientation Day is in the carpark adjacent to our College oval on Joseph Banks Boulevard, and access to this carpark is gained through the second carpark entrance from Joseph Banks Boulevard.
If your child uses public transport, Transperth offers two bus routes, 390s and 391s. More information can be found under the bus timetable at http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au. Year 7 students will have their photo taken in the first week of school to get their complimentary first SmartRider. SmartRider cards are the only form of student photographic ID, it is used as a travel card for Transperth services, a library card at the College and a concession card at various venues.
Further information will be provided in Term 4 regarding voluntary contributions and charges, expression of interest in the Aspire Program, Scholarship Applications and Stationery/Booklists.
If your child has expressed interest in our Creative and Performing Art, Triathlon, Soccer or Rugby Academy acceptance letters will be mailed out in Term 3. If your child has expressed interest in our Steam Challenge, the Language Program or Cheer Leading information regarding these specialised programs will be communicated to students in Term 1, 2022. Timetables and a College map will be provided to students in their contact class on the first day, Monday 31 January 2022.
We are looking forward to working with you and your child. Our teaching staff are very excited about the opportunity to be involved in Orientation Day which will be held on Tuesday 30 November 2021.
The best way to keep up to date with the College and progress, news and events is via the official Joseph Banks Secondary College Facebook page, our website jbsc.wa.edu.au, or you can also follow us on Twitter at @JosephBanks_SC.