COVID-19 Update – High Caseload Settings
Further to my previous COVID-19 communications, you may have seen the announcement of the high caseload settings in place across WA as of Tuesday 8 February 2022. This includes additional measures to keep our schools open and providing face-to-face learning to your children.
In the current settings, family members can no longer enter classrooms, including to volunteer. Online or telephone meetings for families when needed are encouraged. Attending the school is still permitted, while following the WA Government mask wearing mandates, and physical distancing from other adults.
You are allowed on school grounds for drop-off and pick-up in outdoor locations, but please physically distance, avoid gathering where possible and follow mask wearing requirements.
We are currently planning and implementing further ways to minimise the risk of COVID-19 entering or being transmitted at schools including:
- moving our Welcome Evenings to online or over the phone;
- changing indoor face-to-face events, including our Academic Awards Ceremony;
- cancelling or postponing any school camps;
- limiting the mingling of groups; and
- modifying timetables, including break times. We will also review pick-up and drop-off times and if practical, implement changes.
We are working through these changes, and you will receive further communications as the details are confirmed. For more information on the high caseload protocols visit WA.gov.au.
Thank you for your understanding as we take the necessary steps to keep our school safe and open for learning.
If you have any concerns or queries, please do not hesitate to contact the school on 9303 7400.