Year 7 2024 Information
- Thank you for choosing Joseph Banks Secondary College for your child’s secondary education. Joseph Banks Secondary College is an innovative learning environment where our aim is to support every student to achieve their best.
We have included the option of completing an enrolment form on an editable pdf. Families should download and save our pdf, then open and complete the details, save again and the return email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the required supporting documentation (proof of address, birth certificate, immunisation). Enrolment forms that are received incomplete or with missing documentation will remain as ‘pending’ until everything is completed.
Here is information that you will need to know in preparing your child for the start of secondary schooling, including
- Middle School Enrolment Form (Editable PDF – 2024 Enrolments are due Friday 21 July 2023)
- Uniform Information
- Zulu Desk Information and Middle School Bring Your Own Designated Device Program
- Student 3rd Party Software Permission Form
- Instrumental and Vocal Tuition Guide
- Parent and Citizen Association Flyer
Please find key dates below, including some of our College events. More information in relation to these events will be uploaded in the near future, please check back in on our website to stay up to date.
- Tuesday 4 April 2023 – College Open Day
- Thursday 6 April 2023 – 2024 Academic & Citizenship Scholarship Applications Close.
- Tuesday 2 May and Wednesday 3 May – Year 7 Prospective Parent Evenings
- Tuesday 28 November 2023 – Year 6 Orientation Day
- Creative and Performing Arts – Wednesday 14 June 9:00am – 12:00pm, Endeavour Theatre.
- Soccer – Tuesday 13 June & Thursday 15 June 3:15pm – 4:15pm
- Netball – Tuesday 13 June 3:15pm – 4:15pm
- Triathlon Run – Wednesday 14 June 3:10pm – 4:30pm
- Triathlon Swim – Friday 16 June 7:00am – 8:00am at Aquamotion
- CoRE – Thursday 15 June 3:15pm – 4:15pm
2024 Booklists will be provided to families on December 1st 2023.
Joseph Banks Secondary College is a busy secondary school with over 1500 students. This means that road safety is paramount and sometimes parking can be challenging. Parent parking for the Orientation Day is in the carpark adjacent to our College oval on Joseph Banks Boulevard, and access to this carpark is gained through the second carpark entrance from Joseph Banks Boulevard. Please do not park in any staff carparks.
If your child uses public transport, Transperth offers two bus routes, 390s and 391s. More information can be found under the bus timetable at http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au. Year 7 students will have their photo taken in the second week of school to get their complimentary first SmartRider. SmartRider cards are the only form of student photographic ID, it is used as a travel card for Transperth services, a library card at the College and a concession card at various venues.
If your child has expressed interest in our Aspire Program, Creative and Performing Art, Triathlon, Soccer or Netball Academies, acceptance letters will be mailed out in Term 3. If your child has expressed interest in our extra curricular programs, including STEAM Challenge, eSports and Te Reo Maori information regarding these specialised programs will be communicated to students in Term 1, 2024. Timetables and a College map will be provided to students in their contact class on the first day, Wednesday 31 January 2024.
We are looking forward to working with you and your child. Our teaching staff are very excited about the opportunity to be involved in Orientation Day which will be held on Tuesday 28 November 2023.
The best way to keep up to date with the College and progress, news and events is via the official Joseph Banks Secondary College Facebook page, Instagram Page and our website jbsc.wa.edu.au.