Year 7 2023 Information
Thank you for choosing Joseph Banks Secondary College for your child’s secondary education. Joseph Banks Secondary College is an innovative learning environment where our aim is to support every student to achieve their best.
Here is information that you will need to know in preparing your child for the start of secondary schooling, including
- Orientation Day Information, Program and Consent Form – Due Friday 18 November 2022 – Must be Completed.
- Uniform Information
- Zulu Desk Information and Middle School Bring Your Own Designated Device Program (Important dates and drop off times for configuration)
- Student 3rd Party Software Permission Form
- Instrumental and Vocal Tuition Guide – Due Monday 14 November 2022.
- Parent and Citizen Association Flyer
Please find key dates below, including some of our College events. More information in relation to these events will be uploaded in the near future, please check back in on our website to stay up to date.
- Wednesday 1 February 2023 – School commences for all students
- Thursday 9 February 2023 – Year 7 School Photos
- Tuesday 14th February 2023 – Year 7 Family Engagement and Welcome Evening (Explorer and Voyager)
- Wednesday 15th February 2023 – Year 7 Family Engagement and Welcome Evening (Challenger and Endeavour)
- Friday 25th February 2022 – Year 7 Team Building Day
- Wednesday 1 March – College Swimming Carnival
- Tuesday 4 April 2023 – College Open Day
- Wednesday 26 – Friday 28 April 2023 – Year 7 Immunisations (first round).
- Wednesday 28th June 2022 – Parent Interview Day
- Wednesday 25 – Friday 27 October – Year 7 Immunisations (second round).
Booklists will be provided to families on December 1st 2022.
Joseph Banks Secondary College is a busy secondary school with over 1500 students. This means that road safety is paramount and sometimes parking can be challenging. Parent parking for the Orientation Day is in the carpark adjacent to our College oval on Joseph Banks Boulevard, and access to this carpark is gained through the second carpark entrance from Joseph Banks Boulevard. Please do not park in any staff carparks.
If your child uses public transport, Transperth offers two bus routes, 390s and 391s. More information can be found under the bus timetable at http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au. Year 7 students will have their photo taken in the second week of school to get their complimentary first SmartRider. SmartRider cards are the only form of student photographic ID, it is used as a travel card for Transperth services, a library card at the College and a concession card at various venues.
Further information will be provided in Term 4 regarding voluntary contributions and charges, expression of interest in the Aspire Program, Scholarship Applications and Stationery/Booklists.
If your child has expressed interest in our Aspire Program, Creative and Performing Art, Triathlon, Soccer or Netball acceptance letters will be mailed out in Term 3. If your child has expressed interest in our extra curricular programs, including STEAM Challenge, eSports and Te Reo Maori information regarding these specialised programs will be communicated to students in Term 1, 2023. Timetables and a College map will be provided to students in their contact class on the first day, Wednesday 1 February 2023.
We are looking forward to working with you and your child. Our teaching staff are very excited about the opportunity to be involved in Orientation Day which will be held on Tuesday 29 November 2022.
The best way to keep up to date with the College and progress, news and events is via the official Joseph Banks Secondary College Facebook page, Instagram Page and our website jbsc.wa.edu.au.