The Joseph Banks Secondary College Board is a vital part of the College Community.
The College Board acts to promote objectives and interests of the College Community. They aim to promote and monitor the strategic vision of the College.
Governance for boards is based on seven principles:
- The roles and responsibilties are clear and understood.
- The Board structure and compositions ensures relevant expertise and diversity.
- The Board has a strategic focus.
- Relevant risks are identified and managed.
- Control Systems have integrity and support accountability.
- A culture of responsibility and ethical decision making is promoted.
- The Board operates effectively.
The board has the following functions to take part in:
- Establishing and reviewing from time to time, the College’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- The planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- Evaluating the schools performance in achieving them; and
- Formulating codes of conduct for students at the College.